The heart symbol (♥) is universally recognized as a representation of love, affection, and emotion.
In digital content, including Excel spreadsheets or MS Word, it can be used for various creative purposes, such as in marketing materials, sentimental data presentations, or dashboards with symbols.
In this article, I will show you some simple ways to insert the heart symbol in Excel
Keyboard Shortcut to Insert Heart Symbol in Excel
Below are the keyboard shortcuts to insert the Heart symbol in Excel:
ALT + 3
- Make sure that the Num Lock is on your keyboard.
- Hold down the ALT key and keep holding it.
- Type 3 on the numeric keypad.
- Release the Alt key to insert the heart symbol.
When you use the above keyboard shortcut, it will insert a black color heart symbol in the cell.
If you want, you can change the color of the heart symbol by using the Font color options in the Home tab in the ribbon. Below is an example where I’ve changed the color of the heart symbol to red.
Inserting Heart using the Symbol Dialog Box
To insert the Heart symbol in Excel using the Symbol Dialog Box, you can follow the below steps:
- Click on the cell where you want to insert the symbol.
- Navigate to the Insert tab on the Excel ribbon.
- Click on the Symbol icon.
- In the Symbol dialog box, choose a font like ‘Arial’ or ‘Times New Roman’ from the font menu.
- Locate the heart symbol (♥) by scrolling down in the Symbol’s dialog box.
- Select the symbol and click on the Insert button.
- Close the dialog box after the symbol is inserted.
Clicking the Insert button is going to insert the heart symbol once. If you want more than one symbol, you must click the insert button multiple times.
Inserting Heart Symbol using Formula
Below is the formula that you can use to get the heart symbol in a cell in Excel:
Copy and Paste the Heart Symbol into Excel
And, as always, you can copy it from a web page or any other document and then paste it into Excel. Here is the symbol for you to copy:
Below is a table that summarizes all the methods to insert the Heart symbol in Excel:
|Name of Symbol
|Shortcut for Windows
|Alt + 3
|Shortcut for Mac
|Use the Symbol Dialog Box or emoji keyboard
|Inserting using Symbol Dialog Box
|Find ♥ in the Symbol dialog box under fonts like Arial
|Inserting using Formula
Other Excel articles you may also like: