For the convenience of other users, we usually add comments to Excel files. But, later, we may want to remove those comments.
Knowing how to delete comments using a keyboard shortcut will save you time.
In this brief lesson, you will learn how to delete a comment in Excel using a keyboard shortcut.
Comments now function differently in Excel for Microsoft 365. Comments are now called Notes in Excel 365. So while we would be referring to them as comments in this article, if you’re using Excel with Microsoft 365, these would be called Notes for you.
Shortcut to Delete Comment in Excel
There are two keyboard shortcuts to delete comments in Excel:
ALT + R + D
Menu key + M
Note: The menu key is the key between the right-side ALT key and the right-side CTRL key.
How to Use the Keyboard Shortcut
Using the ALT + R + D shortcut
- Select the cell where you want to delete the comment. If you want to delete comments from a range of cells, you can select the entire range. This could be a contiguous or non-contiguous cells
- Press ALT + R + D one after the other.
Using the Menu key + M shortcut
- Select the cells where you have the comments that you want to delete .
- Press the Menu key to open the context menu.
- Then press M.
Important Things to Know
When Using ALT + R + D Shortcut
- This shortcut works for multiple cells as well as the entire worksheet.
- The Right ALT key does not work for the shortcut on some PCs. In that case, use the Left ALT key.
When Using Menu Key + M method Shortcut
- Using this shortcut, we can select multiple adjacent cells and delete comments.
- If the top right cell does not have a comment or if we have selected non-adjacent cells, we must delete comments by pressing Menu key + M + M + Enter .
- This method does not work if we have selected the entire worksheet to delete comments.
Other Excel articles you may also like:
- Excel Keyboard Shortcuts
- Add Comments in Excel (Shortcut)
- Edit Cell in Excel (Shortcut)
- Insert Hyperlink in Excel (Shortcut)
- Wrap Text in Excel (Shortcut)
- Delete Sheet in Excel (Shortcut)
- Delete Cell in Excel (Shortcut)
Excel articles you may like: